06 June 2009

The End of an Era

Moving on is ideal when there are no emotions attached. I'm currently winding up my Asia tour. I've marked the date on the calendar for a year from now (I'm confident that this is it), I've passed on all my furniture to anyone willing to take it and I've down-sized considerably. This is the part that astounds me the most. I still have enough stuff to fill a removalist truck even though I feel like I've spent more time at the garbage bins than in my house and I've fully furnished several people's homes with my stuff. 

I don't think of myself as a hoarder but I guess I must be. Actually, now that I think of it I know I am. Thinking back on conversations we've had as we're trying to discriminate between what to move up north and what to toss. 

Me: No worries, throw out that praying mantis leg, I don't use it anymore anyway. 

Ten minutes later. 

Me: Where'd you put that praying mantis leg? It will probably come in handy in the new house. 

Anyway, moving house is a nightmare. I hate it, I have no desire to do it as regularly as I have been of late, but it's time to move onto greener pastures and get out of this vortex of boredom and repetition. 

Time to mop! 

I bet Oprah has someone to mop for her! 

Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment